The Wantagh Music Department shall encourage and assist students to develop a sense both of individual and group worth, to become knowledgeable music performers and music consumers, and to help fulfill themselves as creative, caring, and sensitive adults.
- have the knowledge of and appreciation for music
- know how to listen critically to musical works
- have the experience to perform in at least one musical area
- have knowledge of music history, music media, and a variety of musical art forms
- have a knowledge of cultural diversity as it is reflected in music
- have knowledge of a variety of cultural resources such as concert halls and theaters
- have knowledge of current technology as it applies to music.